Re: (Another) newbie problem

--- Mumit Khan <khan@xraylith.wisc.EDU> wrote:
> Actually, there are other problems with this setup besides the
> quoting issue -- the pathnames have to specially handled by
> the driver before passing it on for example. UWIN folks do
> this to drive MSVC and there's quite a bit of work to be done
> (and I can still break it at will). If you can live with a
> little slowdown due to Cygwin overhead, why not just use a
> Cygwin hosted Mingw targeted toolchain (just install it somewhere
> else, and use PATH to switch to it)? As you can probably guess
> already, I have just the setup. In fact, I'm contemplating
> packaging it up (which takes a finite block of my time, hence
> the contemplation ;-) and putting it up for ftp.

I don't have to change the PATH with my setup, I just do an effective change
root command.  I use all cygwin tools with the mingw32 compiler/binutils set
and giving the appropriate paths to the appropriate environment variables.  I
have never ever, as I'm sure that Mumit hasn't either, had a conflict of
headers and libraries.  Keep the two sets separated in there own world and you
won't have a problem.

BTW: This setup allows me to install a snapshot for testing without disturbing
what I know already works.
===
Earnie Boyd <mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com>

Newbies, please visit
<http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/gw32/index.html>

(If you respond to the list, then please don't cc me)