From: Terrell Mitchell [mailto:terrellm@usit.net]
Sent: Thursday, August 26, 1999 11:41 AM
To: cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com
Subject: problem with tar

I have set up cygwin b20 on my windows 98 machine for use with perl and
building cpan modules.
When I try to run tar to extract files from an archive that is not in the
current directory I get an error message

cannot execute remote shell:  no such file
cannot open "file name": I/O error
error is not recoverable: exiting now

I have no idea what is wrong with the configuration.

I have tried with COMMAND.COM, 4DOS , 4NT and BASH as the shells.
Any help or pointers would be appreciated.

Thank You
Terrell