Re: Cygwin licencing

--- Chris Telting <telting@sprynet.com> wrote:
> I was reading an old thread in the archive and I'm a bit confused now about
> the cygwin unix library licencing.  I thought it was freely usable.  But
> then I read this in the faq:
>
> <QUOTE>
> In particular, if you intend to port a commercial (non-GPL'd) application
> using Cygwin, you will need the  commercial license to Cygwin that comes
> with the supported native Win32 GNUPro product. The commercial license for
> the Cygwin library is included in a GNUPro Toolkit subsciption. Pricing for
> GNUPro Subscription starts at $6000 for three developers and includes GNUPro
> Toolkit, Developer Support, and a commercial-use license for 100 copies of
> the cygwin library.
> </QUOTE>
>
> I understand the library is GPL'd and not LGPL'd but if it's GPL how can
> they can cygnus can be commercial licencers if there is code from other
> contributers?  The library is a dll and as such it's dynamicly linked.  Can
> anyone clarify this?
>

> BlueCoder
> bluecoder@rocketmail.com
> May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.

Please, read all of the segments of this archive.  It is explained fully there.
 We went at it in length then and it doesn't need repeating now.  Anyone else
repsonding to BlueCoder please do so off list.
===
Earnie Boyd <mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com>

Newbies, please visit
<http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/gw32/index.html>

(If you respond to the list, then please don't cc me)