Re: Less and More Color

Chris Telting wrote:

> A general *nix question:
>
> Why doesn't less correctly handle color when I do a
> vdir --color | less
> although
> vdir --color | more
> does handle the colors properly.
>
> It can't be that less doesn't handle color since when I do
> man(while uses less) keywords apprear in color.

It _is_ less!

Try:

	ls -l --color | less -r

-r is the command line switch for raw input handling. If you don't
use it, less converts the control sequences generated by the color
option of ls into it's special control sequence output.

`more' doesn't "handle" this sequences but is to dumb to detect them.

Corinna