Re: cygwin vs. MKS Toolkit

> I doubt it, as the GNU liscense would likely forbid it,

If the GPL forbid MKS from doing it, it would forbid Cygnus from doing
it too, and we do it all the time.  You just have to follow certain
requirements when you use GPL'd code, but you aren't prevented from
doing stuff with it.

Remember that the FSF owns the copyright on most of the core GNU
programs.  All other vendors shipping GNU tools, from Redhat to Cygnus
to (gasp if it happened) Microsoft would be equivalent as far as what
they are allowed/required/forbidden to do.