Re: perl problems

Markus -
    Although I've never tried to use those particular modules, I see no
reason why they wouldn't work. However:

If you want to use modules, then you need to build perl from source
yourself. The reason for this is that the information used to compile
modules is built into the perl executable and scripts when perl.exe is
built. Thus, when you try to compile modules on *your* system, using the
perl binary I built on *my* system, the paths and stuff aren't correct.
Also, as you noticed, the permissions on the /usr/lib/perl5 tree, which are
OK on *my* system, don't work properly on *your* system (because your
username isn't "cwilson" and the /usr/local/lib/perl5 tree after untarring
is still owned by cwilson, most likely).

Eventually I hope to provide "drop-in" pre-compiled modules, that can be
untarred on top of an existing perl (as long as that perl was "my" binary
distro -- again, the whole path/script problem). Unfortunately, I haven't
been able to do that, yet -- and it'll probably be delayed until after the
perl5.6 release -- which hopefully will support cygwin out-of-the-box.

--Chuck