Re: 初めまして、柏崎と申します。

Before trying to save the file again, clear both the memory and disk cache
for Netscape.  Right-click on the file and choose "save-as" to save.  When
using the browser to access binary files that Netscape thought were
browser-viewable,  I have had this problem occur (Netscape would display
garbage on clicking the object to download).  By clearing the cache (to
remove the corrupted file) and then right-clicking to save the file,  I
have been able to circumvent this corruption - sometimes :-)

Please let me know if this helps.

--Dave.

At 10:23 PM 8/16/1999 -0700, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>--- Corinna Vinschen <corinna@vinschen.de> wrote:
> > Earnie Boyd wrote:

> > files. I

> > > That's not true.  Netscape _DOES_ corrupt most bz2 files.  I've not had
> > much
> > > luck downloading bz2 files with Netscape.
> >
> > I'm using Netscape all the time as browser and mail client and I never
> > had this problem. Only the boring changes of filenames with more than
> > one dot in the file open dialog.
>
>Hmm.  Maybe I should try the German version. ;^)  Did you setup anything
>special?  Did you assign attributes to the bz2 file type?
>===

Dave Alderman - Democracy should not be capital intensive.
Business: dave@mmrd.com
Personal: dwa@atlantic.net -or- dwa@netcommander.com