Re: gcc build error--configuration problem?

--- Mumit Khan <khan@xraylith.wisc.EDU> wrote:
> "Josh Baudhuin" <joshb@Cadence.COM> writes:
-8<-
> > gcc  -I. -I.. -I. -I../lib -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -g -O -c rcs.c
> > rcs.c: In function `apply_rcs_changes':
> > rcs.c:6994: parse error before `('
> > make[1]: *** [rcs.o] Error 1
> > make: *** [all] Error 1
> >
> [ ... ]
>

> > Seems like there must be a macro in there for ADD or DELETE. Is the
> > configuration wrong? Do I need to do more to set up the build environment
> > than the simple install of full.exe? [Doesn't seem to be a CDK install
> > anymore.]
> >

> The windows32api headers define a DELETE macro, which is obviously not
> what RCS expects.
>
> You may need to insert a #undef DELETE after the appropriate to nullify
> the windows one and use RCS one.
>
> Damn these namespace polluting macros in system headers.
>
> My preference of course is to change the RCS macros/enums to use RCS_
> prefix and be done with it.

Yep.  Exactly what I did when I built it.  I might add that I've not had any
problems using it with text files.  I haven't had the need for binary files so
I can't say what will happen if you use the -b switch.  It appears to be coded
for it though.
===
Earnie Boyd <mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com>

Newbies, please visit
<http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/gw32/index.html>

(If you respond to the list, then please don't cc me)