Re: Is Cygwin-32/b19 & 32/b20 Year 2000 Compliant?

> Does SGI have a y2k policy for any products not under a current
> paid-up licence?  Does anyone?

The key words to remember are "support" and "guarantee".  Since I work
for Cygnus, I have to be careful about what I say about liability
stuff.  So, my official position is that we only support the
commercial versions, and we only make compliance guarantees for them
and not the net stuff.

> Actually, there do appear to be some problems with the file dating
> etc. in cygwin which would have to be solved in any commercial
> release, but that could well affect our freedom to use it wherever
> we can, even on W95 and W2K.

In general, anything that makes it into either the net version or the
commercial version will eventually make it into the other as well.  We
don't currently maintain separate versions for each.  It's more an
issue of priorities and liability than anything else.  If we have a
customer with a problem, and a net user with a problem, we're
obligated to work on the customer's problem first.

Net developers, of course, can fix whichever bugs they wish to fix.