Question re: compiling Ht://Dig under cygwin

(this is the mailing list? How do you join? Please send response to this
email address since the cygwin site doesn't talk about how to join this
mailing list etc).

Hi there. I'm trying to get Ht://Dig running under Windows since we don't
have any Linux boxes around here. I downloaded B20 and with default
installations, tried configuring the makefile but to no avail. Here's what I
get. Any suggestions as to what I have to do in cygwin to compile Ht://dig
would be MOST appreciated!

(This is after downloading Cygwin-b20 from the web site as of today
(27/7/99). I'm not clear on what B20.1 offers me, but the bz2 extension --
what am I supposed to do with that? What's bunzip?)

BASH.EXE-2.02$ ./configure
grep: writing output: Bad file number
checking for a BSD compatible install... \c
/CYGNUS/CYGWIN~1/H-I586~1/BIN/install -c
checking whether build environment is sane... \c
yes
checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... \c
yes
checking for working aclocal... \c
missing
checking for working autoconf... \c
missing
checking for working automake... \c
missing
checking for working autoheader... \c
missing
checking for working makeinfo... \c
found
configuring ht://Dig version 3.1.2
checking for gcc... \c
gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works... \c
yes
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... \c
no
checking whether we are using GNU C... \c
no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... \c
yes
checking for c++... \c
c++
checking whether the C++ compiler (c++  ) works... \c
yes
checking whether the C++ compiler (c++  ) is a cross-compiler... \c
no
checking whether we are using GNU C++... \c
no
checking whether c++ accepts -g... \c
yes
checking for ranlib... \c
ranlib
checking for ar... \c
/CYGNUS/CYGWIN~1/H-I586~1/BIN/ar
checking for sh... \c
/bin/sh
checking for sed... \c
/CYGNUS/CYGWIN~1/H-I586~1/BIN/sed
checking for sort... \c
/CYGNUS/CYGWIN~1/H-I586~1/BIN/sort
checking for find... \c
/CYGNUS/CYGWIN~1/H-I586~1/BIN/find
checking for gunzip... \c
/CYGNUS/CYGWIN~1/H-I586~1/BIN/gunzip
checking for tar... \c
tar
checking for acroread... \c
/usr/local/bin/acroread
checking for sendmail... \c
/usr/lib/sendmail
checking how to run the C preprocessor... \c
/lib/cpp
checking for AIX... \c
no
checking for socket in -lsocket... \c
no
checking for t_accept in -lnsl... \c
no
checking for deflate in -lz... \c
no
checking for ANSI C header files... \c
no
checking whether time.h and sys/time.h may both be included... \c
yes
checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... \c
/lib/cpp
checking for fcntl.h... \c
no
checking for limits.h... \c
no
checking for malloc.h... \c
no
checking for sys/file.h... \c
no
checking for sys/ioctl.h... \c
no
checking for sys/time.h... \c
no
checking for unistd.h... \c
no
checking for getopt.h... \c
no
checking for strings.h... \c
no
checking for zlib.h... \c
no
checking for fstream.h... \c
no
configure: error: To compile ht://Dig, you will need a C++ library. Try
installing libstdc++.