Re: AW: bash history not avail from arrow keys

Hi,

A couple of things to check:
1.  Do Control-P and Control-N work to retrieve Previous and Next history
commands?
2.  Do your other arrow keys (left and right) work when editing the command
line?
    (I seem to remember that on my old notebook, the arrow keys only worked
when
    Num-Lock was turned off.)

Tim

"erskine, michael" wrote:

> Hi Frank,
>
> (wow - quick reply!)
>
> Yes, I have HOME set from within AUTOEXEC.BAT and when I do 'cd'
> it goes there and I can see my .bash-history. The 'history' command
> works as expected.
>
> Hi,
>
> do you set HOME before starting the bash?
>
> Here is the way I use it:
> startbash.bat
>
> @ECHO OFF
> set HOME=/home/%USERNAME%