Re: paths under ming

On Sat, 10 Jul 1999, Reza Habib wrote:

> Hello.  I've written a console program with mingw32 which takes command line
> parameters.  Some of these parameters consist of file names (including
> paths).  Running the program under bash works fine, however, running it from
> the windows console, it can't seem to find the files the parameters refer
> to.  I think this has to do with how the directory and filenames are
> specified.  I've tried both windows style backslashes '\' and unix style
> forward slashes '/', as well as all caps, all lower case, and matching
> cases, and none of this seems to work under the dos console.  Can someone
> tell me how programs compiled with mingw32 expect filenames passed from the
> command line.  Thanks.

Depends on your the shell you're running under. If you're running under
bash, it "globs" your command line and modifies it before passing it on
to the program; if you're running under CMD/COMMAND, then the globbing
is done in the startup code.

Unless you provide testcase, it's hard to tell what may be wrong. There
is also the debugger, so please use it.

Regards,
Mumit