Problem: Keyboard + Link

I'm using Cygwin under Windows 98, and i have the following problems :

+ Bash is cool, but Windows' terminal dosen't seem to send correctly
arrows keys to it (French Keyboard)

+ I need to compile a program using both Windows GUI (with '+mwindows')
and cygwin. (without '+mno-cygwin') The problem is that in that case,
Cygwin library
is running 'main()' with std c parameters, and I absolutely need to have
the application hInstance. (wich is a parameter of 'WinMain') I've
reread the FAQ many times, not finding any answear...

If anyone may help me ...