RE: DDD v3.1.4 issue on CygWin32 I need some help with...

I suggest you subscribe to Cygwin mailing list
and ask questions there.

Of course there is a sh.exe, which comes with Cygwin B20.1.
All you need to do make a /bin directory and put a
copy of sh.exe there or create symlink.  It is that simple.
Your most of the X related problems seems to due to the
lack of Cygwin installation understanding.

Your other mail regarding executing mwm.exe from my
X11 distribution is also related to Cygwin use.

Please subscribe to Cygwin mailing list.  Check
http://sourceware.cygnus.com/ml for details.

Regards
Suhaib