Re: template class limit?

"K. Haley" <khaley@bigfoot.com> writes:
> Is there a limit to the number of template classes that can be defined?
> I'm trying to compile the OWL 6 libraries, but I keep getting an internal
> compiler error while trying to instantiate something in bastring or
> stl_alloc.  In tracking down this problem I took the basic hello world
> program and included various OWL headers until I found one that caused this
> error.  I then started copying the header section by section into the
> program until the error occurred.  The error occurred when I included the
> following class:

I'm not sure what problem you're seeing. If you can send me a complete
test case, I'll look into it.

The only template limit is the tempalte recursion limit, and that can
be controlled by a -ftemplate-depth=<depth> option when compiling, and
that's obviously not what you're running into.

I know nothing about OWL. If it's a C++ class library, then it's NOT
compatible with GCC (unless it's also compiled with GCC). Sorry.

Regards,
Mumit