RE: Installin CYGWIN

--- "Eddelbuettel, Dirk" <Dirk.Eddelbuettel@nesbittburns.com> wrote:

> 		 When I execute Cygwin B20 from the start menu
> 		I get a window with a single line
>
> 		     bash.exe: warning: could not find /tmp, please create!
>
> 		However the window does not let me type any command let
> alone use
> 		"mkdir -p /tmp" to create the tmp directory.  I have
> searched all the
> 		istallation instructions and FAQs and couldn't find any
> answer.
>
> It is hidden somewhere.  Just decide on where you want to have the Unix /
> directory. I choose C:\My Documents\.
> Then, inside a bash shell, do

Yowza.  The default mount point for the / is the root of the device upon which
it is resides.  To correct this problem all that needs to happen is from MSDOS
do `mkdir F:\tmp'.

Besides, didn't you read the warning about spaces in path names.  Not a good
idea at all.

===
Earnie Boyd <mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com>

Newbies, please visit
<http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/gw32/index.html>

(If you respond to the list, then please don't include me)