Re: gcc -print-prog-name=ld with mingw32 binaries

Richard Hickling <hicklinr@mcd.alcatel.be> writes:
> 'gcc -print-prog-name=ld' produces just 'ld' with
> the mingw32 binaries (whereas with the cygwin
> binaries the full path-name + .exe is produced).
> I guess it should be consistent one way or the
> other.

I on the other hand see no inconsistency. I have other systems, albeit
without GNU as and GNU ld, where it does the same thing.

If you really want it that way for some reason, do the following at the
expense of disks space:

  $ cd /egcs-1.1.2/i386-mingw32
  $ mkdir bin
  $ cd bin
  $ cd /egcs-1.1.2/bin/{as,ld} .

Now it'll do what you want. I won't do this in the distributions; these
are large enough as it is.

Mumit