Re: "read" bug

> > > Looks like there's a bug with the read() function in the Cygwin lib.
> > > It always returns "-1" with a "Permission denied" error code,
> > > whatever  file I try it upon.

Ok, the mystery clears a little...I am now getting the same error code with
cygwin's opendir(). And yet, the files and directories used have "full
access control" for "everyone".
I really am no NT expert, but there seems to be some permission problem that
escapes me.
At any rate, if someone else has ascertained that read() works on NT4 SP4,
I'll stop thinking that CYGWIN is the culprit.

Takayuki: yes, fd2 is valid. I tested its value, it's worth 3, not 0.

Arnaud