Re: Postgresql 6. 5 cygwin ports available ?

> Looking for a good SQL Database, I was waiting for Posgresql 6.5 that
> authors claim to be compatible with cygwin. It's _not_ ! or at an expensive
> port cost.
>
> See http://www.postgresql.org/index.html
>
> Using cygwin 20.1 on NT4 SP5 it fails on the very first steps (./configure
> !!)
>
> First, it requires cygwin32_ipc otherwise ./configure stops saying that gcc
> does not work.

the IPC routines are required for PostgreSQL, so you will need them.

> Is there somewhere a _working_ port available in binary form or a diff that
> makes the distribution works?

Please check out the NT port from http://www.askesis.nl or download their
binary distribution from our web site, see URL below.

Regards,
Stipe

--
Stipe Tolj <tolj@uni-duesseldorf.de>

Cygwin Porting Project -- "We build UNIX on top of Windows"
http://www.student.uni-koeln.de/cygwin/

Department of Economical Computer Science
University of Cologne, Germany