daemons as services again

Sorry for slightly off-topic post, but I believe this was not touched
upon in the (many) previous threads about services.

Can a service have command line arguments?  Unix daemons are just
regular programs in this regard, and many are written to rely on their
command line as the primary way to modify their behavior.  But the
Invoker utility seems to provide no avenue to pass arguments to the
newly installed service, and in fact when I hold my nose and enter the
GUI (Control Panel|Services), there's no trace of arguments, either.

Out of luck again?

--
Ian Zimmerman
Lightbinders, Inc.