new cygwin.dll (was Re: Make problems)

By the way, I noticed that new cygwin.dll snapshots modify a bit the registry
organisation compared to e.g. 15 january's snapshot, especially the mount
organisation. 'fsilent' key has disappeared (BTW, what was that for ?). The problem
is that this new structure is obviously not recognized by former snapshots, so if
one wants to use the old snapshot again one has to remove the registries created by
the new snapshot in regedit, otherwise mount command won't work anymore.
Any comment on that ?
Is this new registry organisation stable in time ?
In other words, is it planed to change or evolve in the future ?
--
SAZ