Problems with inetutils rshd and rlogind

We have installed cygwin B20.1 on an NT system and
are trying to get the inetutils working so we can access
it from our real computers (unix machines).
We downloaded the remote.tar.gz from the sos site
and installed it. Inetd and telnetd work great.
However, rshd does not work. It sometimes logs aan
event with the message that "port 1022 is busy".
We traced it using the CYGWIN env variable and
could see that it actually forked off a bash
to execute the command, but then the parent died
and killed off the bash before the command could execute.
On the client side, we get the message (for rsh host ls):

ls: write error: The descriptor is a file, not a socket
read
: Connection reset by peer

I looked through the archives and so that someone else
appeared to have this problem, but did not see a solution.
We have installed the cygwin1.dll from the January snapshot.

And rlogind is not working at all. It is simply dumping
core every time you try to connect.

Any ideas?
-Thanks, Derek Ney