Re: various 'cywin1.dll' tested with PERL's 'Configure' script.

--- Samy Alex ZAIMI <zaimi@kiwi.iamp.tohoku.ac.jp> wrote:
-8<-
> Anyway, I would appreciate very much if someone
> explains me what I am missing here.
> May be it is a good opportunity to recapitulate
> everything about versions of (a)sh.exe, use of
> (no)tty, versions of cygwin1.dll ...
> (if possible within the frame of W95).
-8<-

Hmm.  You didn't mention which release of Win95 you're using.  How about the
USB patch from MS, do you have it installed?  Win95 is a deprecated and broken
OS, there will be no upgrades for it from MS.  The Jan 15th snapshot was an
effort by DJ to get cygwin to run as smoothly as possible on Win95 by working
around the bugs within the OS and IMHO will be the last time that Win95 will be
given special attention unless some user wishes to contribute fixes.

How about Win98 users?  I don't remember seeing complaints of this nature from
Win98 users and definitely not from WinNT users.

SUGGESTION: Upgrade to at least Win98, but if at all possible switch to WinNT!!

ST: Linux advocates, we already know that you'd suggest switching linux.

===
YAWIA,
Earnie Boyd <mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com>

Newbies, please visit