Does G77 on W95 produce standard .OBJ files ?

I hope so .. I want to link some .OBJ files (Fortran77 source) into a
Delphi2 prog .. Delphi says it can be done as long as they are standard
Intel format relocatables , with some caveats  (below)

So, is a .O file produced by G77 (and I suppose therefore by GCC) the same
as a .OBJ file ?

I would be happy to be pointed in the direction of the Fine Manual, if
there is one that addresses this point, so I can RTFM.

o, and a pointer to where I can read about producing DLL's with G77 would
be nice too.

thanks, all

Delphi says
----------------
When an object file appears in a $L directive, Object Pascal converts the
file from the Intel relocatable object module format (.OBJ) to its own
internal relocatable format.
This conversion is possible only if the following rules are observed:

All procedures and functions must be placed in a segment named CODE or
CSEG, or in a segment whose name ends in _TEXT.
	Initialized variables must be placed in a segment named CONST or in a
segment whose name ends in _DATA.
	Uninitialized private variables must be placed in a segment named DATA or
DSEG, or in a segment whose name ends in _BSS.
	All other segments are ignored, and so are GROUP directives.
	Code segments are always byte aligned.

Data segments are always word aligned.
	Object Pascal ignores any data for segments other than the code segment
(CODE, CSEG, or xxxx_TEXT) and the initialized data segment (CONST or
xxxx_DATA). So, when declaring variables in the uninitialized data segment
(DATA, DSEG, or xxxx_BSS), always use a question mark (?) to specify the
value.
	Byte-sized references to EXTRN symbols are not allowed.

Segment definitions can optionally specify PUBLIC and a class name;
however, both are ignored.