Re: Shm

Thanks for info about SVR4 style SHM.

I face another problem with sys/shm.h.  Whenever I activate SHM (i.e
HASSHM YES in cg/cygwin.cf) XFree86 source code, sys/shm.h headers
return an error during compilation, "incomplete shm_perm implemented."

Suhaib

-----------

Horak Daniel wrote:

> > Has anyone a SVR4 style shared memmory for Cygwin
> > (shmget/shmctl/shmat)?  I need it for X-server
> > for Cygwin Development.
> >
> > The ipc available for Cygwin from France (do not remember the URL) has
> > problems.  Its headers gives the problems.
>
> I am using the cygipc library v1.03
> (http://www.multione.capgemini.fr/tools/pack_ipc/) succesfully in the port
> of PostgreSQL database system. It required only to comment CURRENT_TIME in
> some header.
>
>                         Dan

Caution!

The security settings of this package are not sufficent for multi user
systems! The security descriptor, that is given to `CreateSemaphore'
is a default descriptor. The result is, that only the creator/owner
of the semaphore may use it.

Moreover, the cygwin call `mmap' which is used in the package, is not
implemented with sufficent correspondence between the given permissions
and the resulting security descriptor in the windows call
`CreateFileMapping'. It uses the default descriptor, too :(

Regards,
Corinna

--
new mail address: