Re: Building EGCS for MingW32 from CVS...

Thanks for the info... it unfortunately doesn't work. Actually building
a native Linux egcs compiler fails itself... dies on objc/objc.h on the
second compile pass and has for quite some time. With the Win32
cross-compiler is fails in many locations and finally dies (after some
minor tweaks here or there) on libgcc2.a trying to process the assembly
files produced for _multi, etc.

Oh well... hopefully I can get my hands on a newer binary distribution
sometime soon. Currently Borland C++, Borland Builder, and Linux egcs
out of CVS are the only compilers that can handle the template libraries
I use. I assume Win32 egcs for MingW32 out of CVS would also handle it.
Visual C++ 5.0 (with and without SP3) doesn't handle it... I'll be
trying VC++ 6.0 SP3 and Watcom 11.0a this next week. It's pretty
impressive that egcs 1.1.2 for MingW32 handles the templates almost
identically as well (or poorly) as Visual C++ 5.0 SP3 and much better
than VC++ 5.0 without service packs.

Brian Macy