Re: Build-problem: Paths messed up while crosscompiling (includes FIX)

garkier@osc.kiku.dk (Morten Garkier Hendriksen) writes:
> Hello!
>
> I have succesfully built a crosscompiler (host=i586-pc-linux-gnu
> target=i386-pc-cygwin) using the source dev-src.tar.bz2 from my local
> cygnus mirror.
>
> During the build there were a few catches, probably related to wrong
> paths in the makefiles. I guess you guys who know the structure of
> the source-tree can identify the problem, and you who don't can use my
> workaround..:-)

None of these workarounds should be needed. Please read my cross-compile
howto at http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/ or at
http://www.delorie.com/howto/ for instructions and directions to patches
to egcs-1.1.2.

The compiler supplied with b20.1 is quite old by now, and you should
definitely switch to egcs-1.1.2. egcs-1.2 is now delayed due to merging
with FSF gcc, and won't be out till after July as far as I can tell.

Regards,
Mumit