Re: Make

Geoffrey Noer wrote:

> On Tue, May 25, 1999, Richard Hickling wrote:  [...]
>
> > My 'make' does not support this feature.  I have been told the
> > newest ones should.

This feature is apparently supported as far back as make 3.75.

> > The info documentation on 'make' (that I have) does not mention
> > 'define'/'endef', however.  Thus, I was confused.

Just for the record, the info documentation distributed with
Cygwin B20.1 is for 'make' version 3.75 Beta and it does mention
define/endef.

You can search for those terms from within info or simply enter
"info make sequences" at the bash prompt.

> Future versions of Cygwin will include make 3.77 which is the
> latest version of GNU make.

-glenn

--
 )      Glenn Spell <glenn@gs.fay.nc.us>      )   _       _____