Re: how many X11R6 distributions ?

> > Well, for me this is too much and I cannot make my
> > mind on a particular one.
> > Was there on the archives a discussion about it ?
> > More generally speaking, what is the difference
> > between one distribution and another ?
> > Could the authors answer me ?
> > Would it be possible to classify these packages
> > with stars (e.g. **** or so for the most complete)
> > ?
> >
> > Personally, I downloads at first package number 1,
> > only because there was an HTML file attached that
> > explained me everything for that package.
>
> <snip>
>
> I configured my system before Suhaib published his port, and I used
> a combination of stuff from both Arlindo's distribution and Sergey's
> distribution. Along with Andy's /usr/local distro.
>
> I can't, however, make a recommendation because I have not
> tried all four distros. FWIW, my frankenstein combination works
> fine.

Basically all four X11R6.4 packages should give simillar results.
As far as I know Sergey's package was built on a binary mounted
disk (according to the info in this diffs file).  I do not know about
Arlindo's X11R6.4.
The X11R6.4 in my distribution was built from the most recent
X11R6.4 distribution from X.ORG.  Also I built it on a
text mounted disk.  I prefer to avoid binary mounts.

The Widgets also in my distributions were built from the most recent
sources versions.

I hope this answer your questions.

Suhaib