Re: bash history not restored

--- Victor Ott <vott@frank.de> wrote:
> Ian Zimmerman wrote:
> > No matter what I do, I can't seem to make bash restore the command
> > history from .bash_history when it starts.  During a session,
> > interactive history mode works; moreover, current history is saved to
> > the file when session ends.  But the next session will again start with
> > empty history :-[
> >
> > Running Cygwin-b20.1, NT Workstation SP4, FAT fs, text mount.
>
> I think it's the text mount. As far I've seen, bash imports history
> entries from past bash sessions only when 'binmode' is set in CYGWIN
> env. var., and that's what I am doing. Others might have other
> solutions.

Hmm.  It is noted in the FAQ or documentation however that specifying the
[no]binmode value causes other problems and the suggestion is to not set this
switch in the CYGWIN variable.  The problem is particular to specifying the
file processing mode in the open/fopen statements.  I believe this was fixed
and downloading the Jan 15th snapshot would solve the FAQ stated problem.
===
"Earnie Boyd" <mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com>
CYGWIN RELATED HELP:
 DOCUMENTATION: <http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/docs.html>