Re: running bash as an right click option for directories

On Fri, 14 May 1999 14:17:14 +0200, "Jan-Friedrich Mutter"
<jmutter@bigfoot.de> wrote to: "Raju K. V." <rajukv@wipinfo.soft.net>

> My current Setting is:
> HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\Xterm here\
> HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\Xterm here\command
>     (Standard) = perl C:\MyPath\xterm.pl "%1"
>
> xterm.pl invokes the xterm (run rxvt.exe -e bash) within a bash (should I
> paste my Perl Script in here?). Problem is that %1 contains only the short
> pathnames, i.e. "C:\Progra~1". This makes the prompt ugly.
> Maybe your '/k' hint could be the solution. I have to check this.

%L is the answer (instead of %1). But you may then suffer bizarre quoting
problems handling LFNs with spaces.

> Von: Raju K. V. <rajukv@wipinfo.soft.net>
> An: cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com <cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com>
> Datum: Freitag, 14. Mai 1999 13:19
> Betreff: running bash as an right click option for directories
>
> >please read the foll. registry trick
> >
> >To create a new right-click option to open a command
> >prompt window at the directory you are currently working from.
> >
> >Open your registry and find the key below.
> >
> >Create a new sub key called 'CommandPrompt' as in
> >[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\CommandPrompt]. Change the value of
> >'(default)' within the key to equal the text you would like on the
> >right-click menu, for example 'Command Prompt Here'.
> >
> >Create another new sub-key under the key created above, name this subkey
> >'command' as in:
> >[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shell\CommandPrompt\command]. Change the
> >value of '(default)' within this key to:
> >
> >command.com /k cd "%1"
> >
> >Now my question is I want to do the same with bash. Can somebody tell me
> >what command line I should give to perform the above operation with bash?

Something like this, perhaps:

c:\path\to\sh.exe -c 'cd "%L" && exec /path/to/bash --login'

/df

--
Dirk Fieldhouse                 Logica UK Limited
fieldhouse@logica.com           75 Hampstead Road