cd $HOME

For some reason, I can't get bash to automatically change to my home
directory when it starts.  The HOME envar is set to the Unixoid path, ie.
/home/itz.  It has to be that way because I have other Cygwin-linked
programs (XEmacs is one) that I want to be able to start independently,
before bash has run.

Yes, I give bash the --login and -i flags.  It makes no difference.  Unless
I explicitly cd to the home directory from the batch wrapper, the directory
I end up in is either the bin directory where bash executable is located,
or some weird ....\Desktop\itz place (the latter seems to happen when I
start it through a Windows "shortcut").

As a consequence, my .profile is not being sourced, etc. etc.

Any ideas appreciated.

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Zimmerman;Ian;T
FN:Myself
ORG:Lightbinders, Inc.
TITLE:Network Administrator
TEL;WORK;VOICE:(415-)621-5746
TEL;WORK;FAX:(415-)621-5898
ADR;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:;;2325 3rd Street=0D=0A#324;San Francisco;California;94107;USA
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:2325 3rd Street=0D=0A#324=0D=0ASan Francisco, California 94107=0D=0AUSA
URL:http://www.lbin.com
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:itz@lbin.com
REV:19990510T213951Z
END:VCARD