Re: DDD And Cygwin

----

> "Suhaib M. Siddiqi" wrote:
>
> > <snip>
> >
> > X-Win32?  I have no idea about it.  If you intend to spend US$ 200.00 on X-Win32, I would suggest try to spend a little more $99.00 and get from Sun Microsystems Solstice Network Client 3.2.  It costs $ 299.00, and is as good as
> > Hummingbird Exceed.  You can download a 15 day fully functional demo of Solstice
> > Network Client from Sun Microsystems Web site.
> > <snip>
>
> FWIW, the X-Win32 demo version is gratis, and the only drawback is a two-hour-per-session time limit. However, a new session can be started immediately. So as long as shutting down all your X apps every 2 hours to restart X-Win is
> acceptable, you can use X-Win32 without cost. (This is usually acceptable for general use, but is probably too restrictive and annoying for a hard-core coding/debugging session). For students, however, there is a node-locked, no-time-limit
> version available for about $45 US.

I KNOW ALL THAT!!!

For me X-Win32 is still not good enough.  I need a powerful X-server.  I Licensed
X-Win32 2 years ago and found it to be a Low Level X-server and through the floppies away after a while.  I does not compare in quality to UnixLink for Netmanage, Network Client from Suna nd Exceed from Humnmingbird.   I do not need an X-server only for Cygwin stuff.  That is only an added benefit.  I need an X-server for some serious
Computer Aided Drug Design.

Regards

Suhaib