Re: How can I view the man packages?

"Lutz" wrote:
> I've got a little problem: I downloaded the full-man.tar.bz2 and the
> user-man.tar.bz2. After unzipping and untaring both, I figured out that
> I do not have any viewer or similar to view the files without all that
> formatting stuff in them.
> Is there any "man" or "info"  command available or a place I can get
> sources for such a one?

You can download a "man" package from

ftp://ftp.franken.de/pub/win32/develop/gnuwin32/cygwin/porters/Hirmke_Michael/B20

You have to download the "ncurses" package from the same site.

I have a precompiled version of info-2.18, which works on my
pc without problems. Because many people in this group seems
to miss sth like this, I will publish it in the next days on

ftp://ftp.franken.de/pub/win32/develop/gnuwin32/cygwin/porters/Vinschen_Corinna/B20

Regards,
Corinna