Re: Error reading line numbers ?

The only use for libc.a libm.a TIKO is to recompile
libcygwin.a without recompiling newlib.
You can either hand edit the Makefile in .../obj/i586-cygwin32/winsup
and use
LIBC_A=`gcc -print-file-name=libc.a`
LIBM_A=`gcc -print-file-name=libm.a`
which will work BTW whether you build newlib or not. (Why isn't this the default?)

or just place a copy of both libs in .../obj/i586-cygwin32/newlib
This will save quite a large percentage of the time normally used in a configure/compile,
but be careful about version/header changes in newlib.
ie READ the Changelog, if you do this.-)
or just use the ones from the same snap.