Re: libmsvcrt.a and fflush (help!)

On Fri, 16 Apr 1999, Isselmou Ould-Dellahy wrote:

> Hi,
> Can anybody, please, tell me why the program below craches when linked with libmsvcrt.a ?
>
> ============== CUT flush.c here ===========
> #include <stdio.h>
> int main()
> {
>   fflush(stdout);
>   return 0;
> }
> ============== CUT flush.c here ===========

It crashes because you're trying to mix two incompatible runtimes together
-- Cygwin and MSVCRT. Short answer: don't. Long answer: use mingw32 GCC
with MSVCRT add on (or use -mno-cygwin, but you'll need to do some specs
editing and also need to download my msvcrt add on package).

> You could ask why am I linking with libmsvcrt.a; I have some missed symbols in a program
> using IBM DX 3d visualiser (see the symbols below). And even if 'nm' could NOT find such symbols
> in libmsvcrt.a the linker stop complying when I link with such a library. Is the library
> stripped from its symbols ? If yes, why ? and how the linker could find them in it ?

You'll have to use a version of GCC that uses MSVCRT instead of Cygwin.

Regards,
Mumit