Re: A few questions.

> I am porting a program from UNIX to NT.
>
> 1. When I try to link with libc.a I get multiple defenitions of 'environ' and '_impure_ptr', one defined in libc.a and the other in libcygwin.a. Does anybody know what to do?
> Does libc.a use libcygwin.a ?

Do not use libc.a  They are already in libcygwin.a.

> 2. Which cygwin library should I use when working with sockets, I meen when you port a program from UNIX to NT that uses sockets.

-lwsock32.a
but  AF_UNIX sockets are not supported.

> 3. Has anybody ported a program from UNIX that uses RPC, and if so what package did you use?

Yes, I had compiled a few packages which use ONC-RPC/XDR.
You will need
ftp://ftp.franken.de/pub/win32/develop/gnuwin32/cygwin/porters/Vinschen_Corinna/B20/sunrpc-4.0cygwin1.bin.tar.gz

and http://www.ipass.net/~ssiddiqi, if you are calling XDR routines  from Fortran

--Suhaib