Re: Compiled executable differences between 9x and NT

>As for the download issue...  I hadn't run into that before.
>Is "application/zip" close-enough for a tarball?  e.g.

>(I didn't see anything referencing "tar" in the IANA database,
>but I saw "application/zip", which seems to fit...)
>Hopefully, this should fix the mime type problem -- if you're
>accessing from an html page, anyway.  I'm not sure how to set
>the mime-type on a file when _directly_ accessing the file,
>instead of through an href.  Thoughts?

The Netscape latest version (version 4.51) seems to have some bugs which
I noticed.  On Windows Nt and 98 it is corrupting the *.tgz and tar.gz
archives.  Upon extraction or doing a gzunip I get *invalid archive
format* errors.  I discovered this problem with Netscape 4.51 yesterday
when i was downloading *.tar.gz archives from a few different sites.

--SMS

>Thanks,
> - Jon

*without*