    - pre-compiled applications for /usr/local/
        - like X11R6.4, XEmacs, LyX, GIMP, mSQL, PostgreSQL, Apache,
inetutils, ssh

and all the other ports available at ftp.franken.de

    - any available sources for the pre-compiled cygwin ports
    - cygwin documentation
    - a HTML mirror of the complete mailing list contents

to a Cygwin DEV (Development Environment) CD-ROM like the RedHat or SuSE
Linux distributions. This package should enable users to install Cygwin
on a clean Win32 system with all required software allready available
via CD.

Currently all files should fit on a single CD. There won't be a CD
distribution (at least for now), but we will provide the complete set of
files for burning such a CD from our web site (and hopefully some
mirrors around the world).

We would like to use the latest InstallShield version, so new users may
install the base Cygwin b20.1 distrbition and any other components very
modular via InstallShield selection windows.

Any comments towards this idea are very welcome.

Regards,
Stipe

--
Stipe Tolj <tolj@uni-duesseldorf.de>

Cygwin Porting Project -- "We build UNIX on top of Windows"
http://www.student.uni-koeln.de/cygwin/

Department of Economical Computer Science
University of Cologne, Germany