Re: [HELP] stat(), file permission, r/w access : i'm LOST :(

At 11:27 PM 3/1/99 +0100, Sebastien Barre wrote:
>> This has been discussed many times on this list and is an NTism.
>
>Is there a workaround ? I mean, if this is a know bug, is there a way to
>fix it in the cygwin sources ?

Workarounds?  You might try removing yourself from Administrators group.
This may do the trick.  Alternatively, you can change your umask so that
write permision is given to everyone.  That should solve it too.

Fixing the bug in the source is also possible.  I know Corinna has been
doing some work with making permissions track more closely with UNIX style.
I'm not sure whether his changes will help in this arena...

Larry Hall                             lhall@rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc.                     (781) 239-1053
8 Grove Street                         (781) 239-1655
Wellesley, MA, 02482-7797              http://www.rfk.com