Re: strange mount behaviour...

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 24, 1999 at 06:48:09AM -0800, Earnie Boyd wrote:
> >---Sebastien Barre <Sebastien.Barre@utc.fr> wrote:
> >8<
> >> Could anyone explain me why mounting D: ou D:/ ou d:/ to /d produce
> >these
> >> artefacts ? Doing the same thing with C: ou E: will NOT cause any
> >problem.
> >> Is it impossible to mount the drive where cygwin is located ?
> >Installing
> >> coolview did not help too. As well as binary mount.
> >8<
> >
> >This is a known bug with the mount filesystem emulation and relative
> >[...]
> >This may have been fixed in recent snapshots.  I know that Geoff Noer
> >[...]
>
> I don't think this has been fixed, actually.
>
> Corrinna submitted a patch that deleted about fifteen lines of code and
> caused the correct behavior to miraculously appear but I've been sort of
> nervous about applying the patch because I'm not sure what other
> ramifications there may be.

Let's test it again with the recent snapshots. If you would be so kind,
to publish the patch again (I have erased it by mistake), you, me and,
hopefully, others could test the patch locally for one or two weeks in
their local environment. This should let you easier attach or reject the
patch.

Regards,
Corinna