Re: Total lack of accurate documentation!

---Timothy Reaves <treaves@y11a165.neo.rr.com> wrote:

>      I downloaded this product, and initially said WOW.  That changesd
> meaning as I began to look around at the documentation.  Sad.  There
is
> much missing and a lot of what is there is outright wrong!
>
>     Does anyone know if this is due to rapid changes in the product,
or
> slow documentation people?  I have tried to use the search feature to
> search the past mails, but their search engine is broke due to a mount
> problem it looks like.
>
>     There are two things I'd like to know off the bat:
>     1) If I have /tmp mounted on d:\temp, and can do cd /tmp, why does
> /tmp not show up when I
>          do  a ls -la / ?

The filesystem emulation is broken on this point.  Hopefully it will
be fixed by the next release.

Did you try it with a mount point created at /?
I.E.: mkdir /tmp; mount d:\\temp /tmp

Although this will change the `ls -la /' to display the /tmp if you
`ls -la tmp' it will display the mount point directory which will be
empty instead of the mounted directory.

>     2) I have the following line in my .bashrc file, copied from
linux.
>             alias dir = 'ls -la --color=yes'
>         when I start bash, I get the following errors:
>                     bash: alias: 'dir' not found
>                     bash: alias: '=' not found

Remove the spaces.  bash requires: alias dir='ls -la --color=yes'

==