Re: Total lack of accurate documentation!

> Sad.  There is much missing and a lot of what is there is outright
> wrong!

Note that in some cases, the documentation is right but the sources
are buggy.  Saying that most of it is wrong is not helpful.  Please be
specific about what parts are wrong and why you think they're wrong,
or we'll never be able to fix them.

>     Does anyone know if this is due to rapid changes in the product, or
> slow documentation people?

The only one writing documentation at the moment is ME.  Geoff helped
for a while, but he's not in our group any more.  We have no tech
writers assigned to us, except for to pretty-up what little we have
for releases.

At the moment, I'm just too busy to work on the documentation.  If you
want more docs, write them and send them in!

> I have tried to use the search feature to search the past mails, but
> their search engine is broke due to a mount problem it looks like.

I've got a search engine at http://www.delorie.com/archives/ for
messages since we moved to sourceware, which was quite recent.  Your
best bet at the moment is to ask on the list, like you did.

>     1) If I have /tmp mounted on d:\temp, and can do cd /tmp, why does
> /tmp not show up when I
>          do  a ls -la / ?

Create a /tmp directory on your / drive and it will.  Unix requires
this also.  It's usually a good idea to create such directories.

>     2) I have the following line in my .bashrc file, copied from linux.
>             alias dir = 'ls -la --color=yes'

alias dir='ls -la --color=yet'

Don't type the spaces around the '='