Make/Bash beta 20.1: can't find /c?

I've been using make and bash b19 for a while with no problem.  However
when I upgraded to 20.1, I started having problems with make.

Here's a test makefile:

#SHELL=/bin/sh

all:
 echo $(SHELL);
 for i in test\
 echo $i;\
 done

My installation of NT is on D:, and before, "/" was C: and //d/ was D:.
now it seems that "/" is //d/.

When I run the makefile as is, it tells me that $SHELL is cmd.exe.  So I
set $(SHELL) to /bin/sh.  However, when I run this, it gives me the error

 /c: /c: No such file or directory
 make: *** [all] Error 127

I have mounted /c using
mkdir /c
mount c:/ /c

Does anyone know what the problem is or if it's possible to work around
this problem?  Is make trying to launch "cmd.exe /c " or is it actually
trying to access the C: drive?

Thanks,

-Mike

--