Re: Cygwin B20 - fseek under gcc fails to reposition on text files

>Currently, Corinna, Mumit, and a couple of other people are the only
>outside contributers to the project.  Everyone else seems to be in
>"Cygwin doesn't work the way I think it should when I run program X.
>Here's the error message." mode.
>
>I'm collecting the error messages and hope to investigate problems but
>the reality is that this is a volunteer effort for DJ and me.  Our
>real jobs don't offer much time for tracking down net problems.

Chris,

I can certainly understand your frustrations.  In my GIMP work, I've had a
heck of a time with some hanging problems which I've reported to you.  I
report them to you and DJ not because I *expect* you to jump and fix them,
but because I am clueless on how to fix them myself.  I *have* downloaded
the source code and *have* attempted to understand the infrastructure
enough to solve the problems.  In my case at least, if there were more
documentation on the internals of the winsup code, I might be able to solve
some problems on my own.  Unfortunately, I think with the exception of a
few people (you, DJ, Sergey, etc) most do not have a good enough
understanding of the internals of winsup to really be able to help out.  On
the other hand, I try not to complain about things either.

Anyway, just another person's perspective.

Craig

Craig Setera
AS/400 Enterprise Java Development
IBM Rochester