Re: How to compile binutils

On Thu, 18 Feb 1999, Krzysztof Nikiel wrote:

> What sources should I download in order to compile 'binutils'.
> I know that full source package will probably work,
> but I'm interested in minimal set of sources.
> I have downloaded 'src-by-top-dir/binutils.tar.bz2',
> but it seems to be very incomplete.
> (configure fails, it needs 'install.sh' 'config.gues' and more
> such files)

Thanks to DJ's addition of toplevel.tar.bz2, it's very complete.
Here's a list of files needed for binutils-2.9.4 (I just wrote this
up yesterday for my mingw-cross-howto guide, so you're in luck):

  bfd.tar.bz2        gas.tar.bz2        ld.tar.bz2        toplevel.tar.bz2
  binutils.tar.bz2   gprof.tar.bz2      libiberty.tar.bz2
  config.tar.bz2     include.tar.bz2    opcodes.tar.bz2
  etc.tar.bz2        intl.tar.bz2       texinfo.tar.bz2

After you get these, unpack each one in the same place and you'll have
everything needed to rebuild binutils.

Regards,
Mumit