Altername mail archives site

Stipe Tolj writes:
 > we will duplicate the mailing archive on our site and add a full functional
 > search engine to it with a direct front-end on our homepage in a couple of
 > days, so people may scan the archive before posting.
 >
 > This would be a good suggestion for the Cygwin project's homepage too.
 > Geoffrey, DJ?

I for one would be greatly appreciative of an alternate site for the
list archives and a search engine to go with it. On the one hand I
depend on the archive extensively as others do or should. On the other
it takes the pressure off of Cygnus if there is a problem. I know a
lot of those guys are volunteering their time with us and we expect a
lot. Anything that eases the pressure on them alows them to focus more
on user problems, or even to have a life :-),