Re: ezmlm response (fwd)

On Sun, 14 Feb 1999, DJ Delorie wrote:

Dear listpeople,

I wouldn't send this kind of message before trying to unsubscribe.
However I now found the problem why it didn't work. The problem was
that I do not get the messages from the list, I get them transparently
forwarded from another address. Considering the amount of mail I
get each day I deled 95% only by judging of the subject & sender.

I apologize :o)

Hopefully I will manage to get off the list.

> > Get me off this stupid list please.  I will bounce every single
> > message back onto this adress.
>
> Whenever you have a problem with the list subscription, complaining to
> the people *on* the list won't do anything other than make them angry
> at you.  If you've tried following the instructions, and it didn't
> work, you need to follow the instructions more carefully:
>
>   If despite following these instructions, you do not get the desired
>   results, please contact my owner at
>   cygwin-owner@sourceware.cygnus.com. Please be patient, my owner is a
>   lot slower than I am ;-)
>
> The owner happens to do this as part of is job, and as most of you are
> aware, he works Monday through Friday, so getting help on the weekend
> is going to be tricky.  Plus, tomorrow (Monday) is a holiday in this
> country, so it may not be until Tuesday before he even reads your
> request, assuming you sent him one.  You did send him one, right?
>
> Making everyone mad at you will not get you off the list any faster.
> Having patience will.>
> > Who is the moron administration this list?
>
> By the way, the "moron" administering this list is a piece of
> software.  I'm sorry if you couldn't figure this out by yourself.
> Perhaps that's why you're having such a hard time talking to it.

I understood that, but I assume there is someone responsible for
the server. Thus responsible for any malfunctioning software.
However I apologize now because I found the problem.

Apparently my rude mail got me some quick help, as for example this email.

Thank you :)