ld, dlls, and windows libraries

Hi,
    I have a quick question...

    Is there the equiv. of -mwindows for ld.  The trouble occurs when I
build a DLL which uses win32 api, I get a bunch of errors for unknown
symbols.  If I manually add ( by trial and error at this point )
-lkernel32 -lm and other libraries, I am able to finish the build of the
DLL.

    Is there a shortcut, or is there a list which indicates which
functions are in which libs.  I suppose I could use nm, but that seems
inefficient.

Thanks,

John Fortin
fortinj@ibm.net