RE: [Q:] Has Mail Delivery Changed?

A list management program must put in a Sender field to
really be RFC-822 compliant. And, mail delivery systems
must use that field for handling bounces.   Unfortunately,
CCmail and Exchange gateways are very often do not use
the Sender field. <sigh> but that is another whole battle.

Can someone at cygnus who has control over the new
list management software please configure it to put in
a Sender: field.  If nothing else, a formail filter can put
one in for you quite nicely, but I am guessing that this
new software package you are using should be able to
do it.  If you want - I can quote page and section of 822
that requires it.  God knows I've done that to enough
postmasters for CCmail systems ;-)

As for Outlook scanning the entire header - not Outlook 97
that I am using on NT.  It's filtering capabilities suck.
I really need to find me a Unix home on the net someplace
that I can connect via IMAP to.......

Thanks,
Dan